The most important aspect of the Ordre des psychologues’s mission is to protect the public.
To do so, the Ordre verifies the quality of services provided by members, fosters the development of the profession, and advocates for accessible psychological services.
Specifically, the Ordre:
- Issues psychologist’s and psychotherapist’s permits, as well as certificates enabling psychologists to engage in various reserved activities
- Monitors the unlawful practice of psychology and the unauthorized use of the "psychologist" title
- Receives reports from the general public on psychologists’ conduct, holds inquiries, and lodges complaints, when necessary, with the Disciplinary Council
- Carries out over 400 professional inspections every year
- Provides continuing education
- Verifies that members are doing the required number of continuing education hours
- Publishes guidelines identifying best practices in psychology
- Represents psychologists within the professional system and in dealing with organizations focusing on mental health and human relations
- Keeps the public informed of its rights
- Appears in the media on topics related to psychology
Board of Directors
Discover the people who make up the Board of Directors of the Ordre des psychologues du Québec.Go to the Board of Directors’ page (in French)